Wednesday, August 2, 2017

What Pinterest taught me about fashion

Ah fashion...

These past few months I've been more active on pinterest after turning on the notifications button. (Being type A, I need to get rid of every notifications symbol on my screen). So I've become more fashionable now, what with all the expertise I've garnered from flipping through pictures of "street style" or "outfit of the day! :)" etc.

One day, as I was flipping through images in a zombie like stupor, I made a stunning realization. I started looking through the pictures and imagining myself in those outfits... and almost threw up in my mouth (jk). No, but I made the stunning realization that those beautiful and fashionable outfits would not look so beautiful and fashionable on me. I will give you an example.

See this outfit? It may conjure words like "hipster" and "high maintenance" .... On me it would conjure questions like "are you still in your pajamas?" or "Are you going to the gym?"

What about this one

On her it's high fashion and class. On me it's "Didn't do laundry for a week and now that's her only clothes."

I realized that sometimes fashion is about style... and sometimes it's just a person with a sexy body wearing something tight and/or weird.

No comments: